Good hygiene includes teeth brushing, regular bathing as well as cleaning your ears. Although ear cleanliness is important, a lot of people do not know that earwax has an important protective function and can also serve as an indication of your health.
Earwax has a protective function and serves as a moisturizer of the ear canal. There are some special chemicals which help fight different infections which can damage the inside skin of the ear.
EARWAX CAN CHANGE ITS COLOR AND BASED ON IT YOU CAN DETERMINE THE HEALTH OF YOUR EARS.
- If the earwax is grey and you are not experiencing any symptoms, then there’s nothing you should worry about. The grey color is a result of dust and usually, people who live in cities experience this.
- If you notice blood on the cotton swab after cleaning your ears you might have a perforated eardrum. This means that your ears have become prone to infections and you can notice a change in your hearing capabilities.
- Having a brown colored earwax means you are going through a very stressful period. You need to relax for a few days, stay away from stress and then check if the color has changed.
- If you notice black colored earwax more than once and you have a constant itching, then you should go and see your doctor because you might be suffering from a fungal infection.
- If your earwax is white then you are suffering from vitamin deficiency, especially iron and copper. In this case, doctors recommend that you start eating more oatmeal and beans to help you reach a healthy level of copper and iron.
- If your earwax has an unpleasant and strong smell it means that you have an ear infection. Combined with the smell, you might also be experiencing some noises or feel your ears pop. Don’t treat this on your own, go and see your doctor immediately!
- Usually, earwax is hard or mushy. If you notice a change in density and the earwax becomes more liquid this might be a sign of a new inflammation.
- Dry earwax means that your body is not receiving enough lean fats, or you might have a skin infection which is causing the inside skin to dry up.
If you liked the post we would appreciate if you could spread it by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Pinterest. Thanks a lot!